When: Tuesday, June 2 — Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Where: Baxter Institute, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
The most important thing you can do is to pray. Stop several times a day
and pray for the people of Tegucigalpa. Pray that they see the Gospel in us. Pray
that we are safe. Pray that your heart will be yielded totally to Jesus. Pray
for the group. And pray for the people of Honduras. God wants to use
you to change the lives of some people while in Honduras.
This trip is designed to introduce people to a deeper commitment to
Jesus Christ and to allow his life to be lived through them. This short—
term mission trip is guided by the words of Jesus in Matthew 25:35—36:3
“For, I was hungry and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty and
you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
I needed clothes and you clothed me. I was sick and you looked after
me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.” Our purpose and goal is
to experience Matthew 25 as far as giving ourselves away so that “rivers
of living water will flow from within us” John 7:38.
What is Baxter Institute?
Baxter Institute is a Christian School in Tegucigalpa, Honduras where they prepare their students to go out and preach the Gospel in their communities. They house students, mission groups, and reach out into their community through benevolence and providing medical care. You can find more out about Baxter via Instagram @baxterinstitute1964, on Facebook @BaxterInstitute, or online at www.baxterinstitute.org
Housing at Baxter:
Bed, pillows, & sheets provided.
1 gallon of water per day to drink & brush teeth (DO NOT DRINK TAP WATER).
Breakfast, Lunch (sack lunches), & Dinner provided.
Transportation will be provided by Baxter.
What We Will Be Doing:
- Building Houses (1-2)
- Helping around Baxter
- Serving with Breaking Chains Ministry in Downtown Tegucigalpa. We will also go to church here on Sunday.
- We will go to the Valley of Angels where many of the members of the church at Breaking Chains have small shops. We will shop there to help out their businesses.
- Holding a Medical Clinic.
- Visiting a Boys Home as well as a home for children with special needs.
- There will also be other youth groups at Baxter the same week as us. There is a good chance that we will spit up into different groups doing any of the activites listed above. There will be no shortage of things to do while we are down there!
- November 15th: Deadline to sign up
- December 15th: Passports Due
- February 2nd: Buying plane tickets. Half of the overall cost must be raised by this time.
- As of right now, the total cost per person is not solidified yet. I will be talking to a few different mission trip travel organizations to see if we can get a good group rate for plane tickets. The total price will probably be around $1,300-$1,500 per person (estimate).
- The cost of building a house will be around $1,400 per house. All of the money for the houses will be raised before we leave. I have several different fundraisers planned for us to do leading up to the trip.
- Even though this is a GSM event, this trip is open to any and everyone from Gateway. Small children and adults alike are welcome! However, if your child is in 8th grade or below, they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on this trip.
- Please be looking into getting your passport. It must be valid six months before our return date (June 10, 2020).
The main thing we should all be doing is PRAYING. We need to be in constant prayer leading up to this trip. If you have any questions, please contact Jared Hensley.