The book of “Revelation” has always been intimidating in many ways. But what if we took a moment to see that St. John, the theologian, the poet and the pastor, gave us an amazing gift with this prophetic work? Instead of being intimidated or bogged down by “predicative” reading, what if we allowed the truth of the letter to encourage us, affirm us, and reveal a bigger, more beautiful vision of Jesus than we could ever imagine?
This years Fall Retreat will be called “Apokalypsis” and we are excited to use the work of Revelation to get us beyond excited about a life that follows Christ.
Here are the details:
When: November 11-13th*
Where: Camp Wiregrass in Chancellor, Alabama
Cost: $75.00 per Student
Chaperones: YES! If you are interested in Chaperoning, you can sign up below at the same link. Just scroll down after you sign your teen up!
Deadline to Sign up: October 23 (You have PLENTY of time)
Questions: See Seth (After September 25!)
**The 11th is a Holiday so we would be actually leave a little earlier then usual to have more time at the Retreat. Details will be forthcoming.
So, how do you sign up?
You sign up by CLICKING RIGHT HERE!
Have a great day!
What an amazing summer we have had! We are going to slowly enter in the school year and want to let everyone know what we have going on. We had a wonderful Parent Meeting, so here are some of the things for you to know going forward.
Sunday AM Bible Class – 9:00 a.m.
Wednesday Night Worship and Midweek Devotional – 6:00 p.m.
Life Group – Resumes September 25 at 5:30 p.m.
While our standard meeting times don’t have the “luster” of events, I cannot stress enough the importance of growing together as a family that can occur at our bible classes, midweek worship and life groups. This is where the relationships go deeper. The worship transforms. Events are amazing but these day to day moments remind us that this is truly a life together!
We will have our Fall Retreat at Camp Wiregrass on November 11-13 so go on and mark your calendars.
A few other dates:
Harding Reception – September 10
Halloween Party – October 15
Gateway Trunk or Treat – October 30
Fall Retreat – November 11-13
Faith Fill Up Service – December 3
Parent University Service – December 10
GSM Christmas Party – December 17
Gateway Family Christmas Program – December 18
Rock the Universe – January 27-28
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: Youth Minister
Focus: To partner with the Gateway Church of Christ staff in leading the members at Gateway into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. To work mostly with the 7-12th grade teenagers and their families to always strive to know Christ more and more through mentoring, discipleship, biblical growth, and more. To also work closely in other ministerial areas as part of the collective vision of Gateway.
- Train and recruit volunteers for efficient implementation of church programs.
- Provide counseling to youths and help them realize their individual goals.
- Administer and plan numerous youth programs like service projects, retreats, mission trips, and Bible study sessions.
- Coordinate with parents of youth group members regarding their children’s involvement and participation in the church.
- Assist in writing, organizing and compiling curriculum.
- Participate and contribute to staff and church meetings.
- Train youths on how to be future faith-filled leaders and set up programs to facilitate spiritual growth.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with various leaders in the community for purposes of swift outreach programs.
- Supervise Student Ministry interns and provide training and guidance as necessary.
Job Requirements: Bachelors Degree and 3-5 years experience.
Organization Information: The Gateway Church of Christ is located in Pensacola, Florida. Membership is about 350 people. It is a highly active church in all facets, including internal spiritual formations and community engagement.
Please Send Resumes to: Kellie Ward